Friday, December 2, 2016

DSP Wreath

Happy December!

I had this idea floating around in my head and finally decided to try it out.  I like the look of those wreaths where you cut the fabulous Designer Series Paper (DSP) from Stampin' Up! into strips and then curl it.  Once it's all curled, you use straight pins and attach each curl to a Styrofoam wreath form.  Frankly, I'd get bored halfway through the process, I've seen people make them!!!

So, I figured I'd try something a little different.  I began with a 12" x 12" stretched canvas from Walmart.  I located the center and laid the roll of Tear & Tape down and drew a circle on the inside of the tape.  I drew another circle using an 8 3/4" plate and two additional circles inside that.

I drew this example on a piece of 12" x 12" whisper white card stock since I used the only canvas I had to make the prototype.


I hope you can see the lines The diameter of the center circle is 3 1/2", the next is 4", the next is 6", and the last is 8 3/4."   

In order to see what I did next, I used some retired Sticky Tape since the redline would show up better.  I penciled in a dotted line about 3/4" inside the largest circle and placed the tape along that line, the whole way around.

I selected 3 full sheets of DSP and cut them into strips 3" x 12" then into strips 1/2"x 3."  You won't need to cut it all.  I cut each long strip and then cut as I needed.

Beginning on the outside, I placed the edge of the DSP strip halfway on the bottom edge of the tape and continued the whole way around.

Once that circle was completed, I bent the unstuck edge and placed that edge along the top half of the tape.


When that outer row was completed, I placed the tape on the next pencil line and repeated the process until I was finished with all 4 rows.



I cut a  circle from whisper white card stock using the largest circle framelit from the Stitched Shapes framelits.  You can decorate that anyway you like.  I cut two pieces from the same Presents & Pinecones DSP using the large die from the Swirly framelits, stamped the Tis the Season in Emerald Envy and tied a small bow of Cherry Cobbler and White Bakers twine.  I placed five dimensionals on the back and stuck it to the center of the wreath.

And this is what I ended up with!


Feel free to ask questions!

Thanks for looking!

Connie





No comments:

Post a Comment