Monday, April 17, 2017

Manly Happy Birthday

Happy Monday!

With less than 2 months to go with the 2017 Occasions Catalog.  I thought I'd share some projects made using products in the catalog.

Here is a card using 2 products from this catalog:
The Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (143231) and Window Shopping Stamp Set (143265 Clear Mount).




The card base is cut 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" and scored at 3".


I cut a 4" x 2 3/4" piece from the Silver Foil paper (132178), inserted it into the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (143231) and ran it through the Big Shot using this sandwich: Multipurpose platform (no tabs). the folder (with paper), hinge side first, then a cutting plate (only 1 cutting plate).  This is important because this folder is a bit thicker than the regular folders.

Once the foil was embossed, I took my Versamark pad and pressed it all over the shiny side of the foil.  I randomly sprinkled gold embossing powder and silver embossing powder over the service leaving some space without powder.  I used the heat tool to melt the powder.  Once cool, I sponged the surface with Basic Black Archival Ink and used the heat tool to help it dry.

I cut one piece of Whisper White card stock 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" and another piece 5 1/4" x 4" for the inside of the card.

To make the screw heads, I pressed a new pencil eraser into the Versamark pad, 'stamped' on all for corners of both pieces of Whisper White card stock, sprinkled silver embossing powder and then scratched a line through the powder and then embossed with the heat tool.  



Using the Basic Black Archival ink, I stamped "Happy Birthday" on the smaller piece of Whisper White and "Make a Wish" on the larger pieces. 


I adhered all the pieces together using SNAIL and finished the card.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Happy Crafting!

Connie




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment