Sunday, October 16, 2016

Getting Creative With DSP!


My creation for this month's tour is a cute Christmas home decor project using scrap wood I found.

This month, Stampin' Up! has a great special on selected Designer Series Paper patterns, buy 3 get 1 free!
I chose three patterns from the Presents & Pinecones (141986) collection.

After selecting the paper, I measured the size of my wood blocks and cut the DSP a little bigger than the block.  I glued the paper on the block using Golden Soft Gel medium and left it dry.  Once it was dry, I used a utility knife to cut off the overhang and then with a sanding block, I sanded the edges smooth.


Using the Stars Framelits, I cut 4 stars from the Delightful Dijon with stars pattern.  I cut 4 strips of Shimmery White and used the Banner Punch to notch them.  I cut the N - O - E - L out of the pattern that looks like a knit sweater and assembled them as shown using SNAIL.  I attached a strip of gold sequins using glue dots.  The finished  size of each block is about 3 1/2" X 6".


I hope you enjoyed my project. Now on to Tracie Evans Langley


Melissa Bolinger: 




Anne Matasci: http://wp.me/pCcBw-2cG




Pam Staples:  http://wp.me/p3p2VA-1CP






No comments:

Post a Comment